The report covers specific insights on the market size and segmentation, drivers and restraints, recent trends and developments and future outlook of the reinsurance industry globally and in the three regions including Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific. The report also entails the market size on the basis of net reinsurance premium written and market share of various companies at the country level. Overall, the report offers a comprehensive analysis of the entire reinsurance industry.
The global reinsurance industry was valued at USD ~ million in terms of gross premium written in 2009. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~% from 2010-2015, to reach USD ~ million in 2015. Net premium written increased from USD ~ million in 2001 to USD ~ million in 2009. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~% from 2010-2015 to reach USD ~ million by 2015.
With a market share close to ~%, Europe was the market leader on the basis of global net reinsurance premium written in 2009. North America with a share of ~% was the second largest region followed by the Asia Pacific region with a share of ~%. Rest of the World (ROW) also had a small share of ~%.
Reinsurance Industry in North America
The North America reinsurance market rebounded in 2009 and reached USD ~ million in 2009. By 2015, the market for North America is expected to reach USD ~ million.
North America reinsurance market is dominated by the US, accounting for nearly ~% of total net reinsurance premium in 2009. Bermuda is the second largest country in the region with a market share of ~% followed by Canada with ~% of the market share.
Reinsurance Industry in Europe
The reinsurance industry in Europe is the biggest market in the world. Alone, Europe accounts for more than ~% of the market. In 2010, the reinsurance industry stood at under USD ~ billion. The market is expected to grow at a steady CAGR of ~% from 2010-2015 and would reach USD ~ million in 2015.
Germany is the largest reinsurance market contributing ~% of the total net premium written in the region. The UK is speeding up in its race to chase Germany with Lloyd’s contributing the maximum to the growth in the country.
Reinsurance Industry in Asia Pacific
The reinsurance market in Asia Pacific was valued at USD ~ million in 2009, accounting for nearly ~% of the global reinsurance market. It is expected that the market will reach to USD ~ million by 2015, growing at an expected 6 year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2010 to 2015 of ~%.
Japan and China are the dominant markets of Asia Pacific which accounted for over ~% of the net premium written in the region in 2009. Korea is ranked third which accounted for nearly ~%, followed by India with market share of ~%.
Scope of Research
The report entails thorough analysis, drivers, restraints and market opportunities for reinsurance industry globally. The scope of the report includes:
• The market size of global reinsurance industry in terms of gross and net reinsurance premium written, 2001 to 2015
• The market size of global life and non-life reinsurance industry in terms of net reinsurance premium written, 2009 and 2015
• The market size of reinsurance industry in terms of net reinsurance premium written for all the major regions including Europe, North America and Asia Pacific, forecast to 2015
• The market size of reinsurance industry in terms of net reinsurance premium written for major countries including Germany, the UK, Switzerland, Ireland, the US, Bermuda, Japan and others, forecast to 2015
• Competitive Landscape of the top reinsurers (Munich Re, Swiss Re, Lloyd’s of London, Berkshire Hathaway, SCOR SE and others) on the basis of net reinsurance premium written along with the combined ratio globally, 2009
• Competitive Landscape of the major reinsurers in various countries such as Germany, the UK, Switzerland, Ireland, the US, Bermuda, Japan and others on the basis of net reinsurance premium written along with the combined ratio, 2009
• In-depth analysis of trends and developments, drivers and restraints for Global, Europe, North America and Asia Pacific reinsurance industry
• Market opportunities and Future Outlook for Global reinsurance industry including all the regions (Europe, North America and Asia Pacific) to 2015